Thursday, October 30, 2014
About Me and My Fiancé
On 18 March 2009, I met my Fiancé in Zone X gaming arcade located in Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station. We made friends because of his "kaypo"-ness which made him came forward to comment on my scores in Jubeat. I was a beginner, that score was considered not bad as he commented: "2 more perfect and you will get an 'S' Grade!" and who knows this K-P-O guy that I met through the gaming arcade became my partner of my life...
We chatted, initially I thought he was a China man (due to his good accent of Mandarin... He hates people think he's from China and good thing I didn't so straight-forward), and I thought he was a 20++ guy (I was 19+ at that time). To my surprise he is a 35 year old PURE Singaporean Man. Despite our huge age gap, we thought that we can be very good friends as we have lots of common interest together, we chatted as though we were very close friends even though we just met for less than an hour. So we exchanged MSN Email and he suggested we exchange telephone number as well. (He actually gave me a wrong email with a misspelled letter but lucky we exchanged phone numbers.)
Two days later, we hang out together as friends. That's our first date ever and it was at Bugis Junction. And follow by another date at East Coast Park 3 days later. I still remember our first Mc Café Order was Chocolate cake with Hot Chocolate... Kinda heaty right? LOL!! Nearly 失声...
One fine day, I realised that the way he looked at me is far different from any other guys.(Cos I not pretty, no good figure, not the type of girl that can attract guys..) So that night through MSN I asked him: "You like me ah?" and guess what happen? I thought he's going to explain and drag the topic further and further away (like what he usually do) as the status on MSN shows he's typing and it stayed there for a good 10 min and when finally he hit the 'Enter' button, the only word I saw on the screen was "Maybe." (Which later he told me that his answer to that question was actually yes, but he was afraid that he might scare me off... so he decided to give a little bit of room for imagination by saying maybe..)
I met his parents even before we were officially together... That was rather an funny awkward surprise... He brought me to Ghim Moh Market and as he brought me around, he saw a few familiar uncles and aunties, so he stopped to talked to them... and as he sat down and started chatting with this auntie whom I thought she was just another neighbour.... To my surprise... he turned and say: "This is my mum." Can you just imagine how shock and nervous I am to meet his mum without any mental preparation? I met his dad on the same day at his house as his mum invited me to go to their house... didn't expect that as well... LOL
Despite our age gap of 15 years, we overcame all the obstacles including keeping his age a secret from my parents. I know that by telling them the age before meeting him in person will eventually end up objections from them... so I let them meet my boy before I decided to disclose his age... Well... parents are not stupid alright.... by asking his zodiac they immediately know he's either 2 years older or 15 years older than me... oh well... but good thing is.. they did not object us to be together...
We laughed, cried, quarrelled.... but these only makes us stronger in the relationship...
On 16 October 2014, He proposed!
On 19 October 2014, We had our ROM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment