Sunday, March 2, 2014

Our plans - ROM

Planning of a grand but thrifty marriage is not an easy task... So we decided to start planning early so we do not have too much hiccups along the way to our official marriage. Plus , who wants to get married without having your man proposed to you?

Our initial plan is to get ROM done on 7th May 2014, But due to the time constraint + the Registry of Marriage is full on this day and that we need to find our own location to have our ROM, we decided to have it on 7th May 2015. And why so special about this date? Its our official date of being together in the year 2009 and we want this special date to be on our ROM Certificate! ^^

We decided that we should have a simple ROM ceremony in Registry of Marriage itself to save money, so we can invest more money on banquet. According to my research, most of the couples would choose to have a "simple" celebration by spending a few thousands of dollars on mainly venue + catering of food + décor etc..

So in order to save that trouble of planning, we decided to take my mum's advice of having it in Registry of Marriage itself instead of spending that "extra" money which most couple thought that it is a "necessity". And you might be surprised that Registry of Marriage itself is very well decorated with floral statues which makes a good background for photography. :) More over... it only cost you $26 for the entire event!

Initially I thought of going to Kelly's Bridal as they provide Custom Made Gowns and they never expect you to buy it, they rent your Custom Made gown to you!!! You know with the figure that I have, its not easy to get a Plus size dress with a cheaper price (Most Plus size gown/tea dress for ROM cost ranging from $80 - $200++). But I was like thinking, do we really need to spend so much money on ROM? Plus I really wanted to make my ROM gown my own so I decided to go my usual shopping website Qoo10.sg to have a look and guess what I found?


Pretty Plus size white tea dress for only $44.50 including shipping fees!

Isn't it gorgeous and that we need only less than $50 just to get a ROM dress that I can call it my own? ^^ So I decided that I will approach Kelly's Bridal for my banquet gown instead :) Because they provide bridal packages that can be custom made according to your needs and charge accordingly, whatever you need or you don need they can add in or remove for you... Isn't it a great deal?

Then for my fiancé, we decided that he will wear his usual formal wear, then will get a new tie with a colour that will match my accessories, another way of saving $$$$$$.

Hope everything will go well... *Fingers Crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment